CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to our life!

This is a blog from a Christian mom who's trying to figure out how to keep God first in her family while managing the day to day! Be Blessed!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Burden



This is the view that I had for most of the day yesterday. My hubby had to have what we thought was a minor procedure, but in actuality turned out to be pretty extensive surgery. We had to be up at 4 am and at the hospital at 5. Thankfully my mother in law kept the two big girls so all we had to do was get SG up and get ourselves ready and out the door. Once at the hospital he got checked in and taken back to the OR by 730. I spent the next 4 hours on pins and needles worrying. They told us that the surgery would only take an hour, but because of what they found it actually took closer to 4. They told me to expect him to have to stay overnight but because he felt like he could handle the pain they let him come home. He was only able to sleep for about 1 and a half hours at a stretch and was pretty miserable all night. I felt so bad for him. Now I know how he felt when I had each of my c-sections. It's a pretty helpless feeling watching the one you love hurt. 


After having two nights in a row with very little sleep I was having a particularly low morning. My baby got sick yesterday also so I had two patients last night. I was feeling exhausted both emotionally and physically. Then this morning while checking my email I got this post from Beth Moore. I literally started crying because truly I've got zero reasons to feel sorry for myself. My children, aside from a small stomach virus, are healthy. My husband gets his entire time off from work paid for, and we have insurance that will cover all of his medical bills. His surgery was successful and without life threatening complications. Our ac works great on these hot days and a sweet friend is bringing us dinner.


As I started reading through some of the replies to Beth's post I was so struck by some of the situations that I read about. Very quickly my attitude changed from poor me to an attitude of prayer for the situations that I was reading about. Matthew 11:28-30 came to mind. I love how the Message phrases it. "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly". I love that anytime we feel overwhelmed or exhausted we do have a friend we can lean on. We have a place to rest and recharge. 


My prayer is that as my husband recovers at home over the next six weeks we would find it to be the best summer of our lives. Time to recharge as a family and time to rest and relax. Time to draw closer together and closer to Christ. My prayer for you is the same. That whatever challenges you're facing you'll take the time to reach out to Christ and let him be your safe place to fall. And if you need a sister in Christ to share your burden with, feel free to call me. I will offer you love, an ear of understanding, prayer, a direction in the Word and even a cup of coffee if you need it. 


Blessings to you all,
Love




Shar

3 comments:

Heather

Prayers for speedy recoveries

THE PILGRIM

Shar, great post. Cool blog. Happy you've come into the blogisphere. After reading this post, it makes me think of the Sabbath that God commanded us to take on the 7th day of the week-saturday. I have long preached/taught that the Sabbath is something we have forgotten in the American Church. God rested on the 7th day, and later commanded us to do so. The sabbath is meant for our rest, recouperation, etc... I suppose it doesn't matter what day you take a sabbath on, is to take it. It's not a go to church and get so busy "serving" day-that is not the sabbath or what God meant. I have been purposefully doing that, and it is so very helpful-imagine that... I know so many who are career oriented, who serve in the church or for the Church on Sundays...who have kids and broken cars and jacked up neighbors, and we feel as if we must burn the candles at both ends. But this is not what God wants, because we never take time to really rest and rest in Him, we get overtired and can't see straight, can't take things in on the level, skews our perspective. I know it kind of does not have anything to do with your post, but its just what I thought after reading it. Your's is an encouraging Word.

Unknown

You're so right Aubrey! I'm definitely looking forward to a summer of rest. This is definitely a good season to make sure that we're not burning the candle at both ends. Love to you and the family!

Post a Comment