CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to our life!

This is a blog from a Christian mom who's trying to figure out how to keep God first in her family while managing the day to day! Be Blessed!

Monday, August 8, 2011

We've got Spirit! Yes we do!

Can I get some spirit fingers up in here? 


I've been realizing recently that I don't do enough cheerleading in my life, especially to my husband.  My natural inclination is to always point out what he's doing wrong rather than to build him up in the areas that he's doing well. Every weekend I work 12 hr shifts on Friday and Saturday nights and he wrangles our 3 girls.  Usually when I come home from work the house is a disaster and I feel overwhelmed by being tired and by what I know waits for me on Monday morning. And everything in me wants to complain and point out to him everything that he didn't accomplish while I was away. But recently I've asked the Lord to remind me of just how fortunate I am to have a family and a home to come home to. And of course He's faithful to do just that! 


I need to give John credit for the work that he does while I'm away, he's not lazy, we just have different priorities. You see he's a "projects" kind of guy. He loves to clean out closets, exchange clothes for the season, organize things (things that I usually say I'll get to it eventually...) So in the mean time dishes pile up and laundry baskets get full. This last weekend he hung up new curtains in our bedroom and went back to school shopping alone. Two tasks that I was definitely happy to see him take on. 


So Sunday morning when I came home I was actually able to over look what hadn't been done and appreciate what he'd done.  The Holy Spirit was faithful to remind me that I have a loving husband who willingly helps with projects that I'd rather not do and does it well. He reminded me that I have a husband who is a loving father and takes great care of our girls. He gets the girls dressed on Sunday mornings for church and I think he does an awesome job! He works 10 hr days during the summer in the heat and still comes home and helps around the house. He is a Godly man who's constantly seeking ways to draw our family to Christ, as well as serve our church body. 


Now that the HS has reminded me of just how great my man is, it's up to me to act on that and tell my hubby just how much I appreciate him and all of the hard work he does. So John this blog post is for you. Thank you for being who you are, and for loving me in spite of me. I wouldn't want to do this crazy life with anyone else. I love you sweetheart!


Friends I encourage you to do a little cheerleading to the special people in your life this week! Tell them just how much you appreciate them and how special they are. You might just be surprised of the outcome!


1 Thess 5: 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment