CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to our life!

This is a blog from a Christian mom who's trying to figure out how to keep God first in her family while managing the day to day! Be Blessed!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Breakfast of champions... oh wait that's Wheaties...

Well it only took me 3 weeks to figure out what to do for Hannah's breakfast before school, but we finally did it! She is the child who likes to wait until she's been awake for a few hours to eat breakfast. So trying to find something that she would eat before school has been a real challenge. She's not a picky breakfast eater (lunch and dinner though are a different subject), she just isn't hungry. I'm not really sure why it took me so long to fix her this breakfast since we have routinely had them for breakfast, but that's when all of the fresh fruit is in season and it's right in front of me just begging to be used.


Ok what is this breakfast you ask? A fruit/veggie smoothie... I know not original... but I'm oh so glad that I remembered these tasty little treats as a breakfast option. We usually use fresh fruit, but I had some frozen so that worked. I also throw in a little yogurt, whey, honey, spinach or something green (shhhh don't tell...), carrots, and milk or fruit juice. The girls favorites are when we have blueberries, strawberries and bananas. But Hannah will drink any kind I make.  


So if your kid isn't a big breakfast right out of bed eater, consider the smoothie option! And if you're family are already smoothie drinkers, what are your favorite combos? :o)



0 comments:

Post a Comment