CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to our life!

This is a blog from a Christian mom who's trying to figure out how to keep God first in her family while managing the day to day! Be Blessed!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sorry, I can't today...

Maybe I'm the only Mom that this happens to, but when one of my babies is sick my world stops. I haven't accomplished one thing on my list today, nor did I complete my daily routine either. Work even called to ask if I was available for a few hours tonight and I had to turn down the extra cash (Christmas is coming came to mind.) It wasn't even a tough decision. That's because when one of my girls is sick my needs/wants/duties have to be put on hold. And hey guess what world? I don't mind telling you no! My girls are a precious gift that we treasure dearly, they're my priority. 


I currently have a 10 month old little girl who has been either crying or sleeping on me all day. She has a fever and is generally cranky. (Thankfully Daddy is home from work and can take a turn with her.) Conventional wisdom would say that it's probably just related to teething or a virus. But my nurse brain kicks in whenever one of the girls is sick and all of the what if's crop up. Just about every day you hear about someone who's child is really sick, weather its on the news, or a friend, or a friend of a friend... you're always hearing about something terrible happening to someone. Then when my child gets sick my mind always wonders... what if?  Well I'll tell you what if. If my child gets really sick we'll do everything that we're supposed to do and we'll just have to be ok with putting the rest in God's hands. We'll have faith for healing and we'll get the best medical care we can. And we'll believe that our God is big enough to handle it.   


So in any situation that the what if's enter your head, remind yourself that your God is big enough to handle any situation. And if you don't know this God that I'm talking about, He knows you and all you have to do is reach out to Him and he'll be happy meet you right where you are.  No matter what situation you're facing, He can meet your need. You don't need someone to lead you in a fancy prayer, you can just talk to him like he's your friend. But if you want someone to pray with you, please feel free to contact me anytime! 


Ok Mommy duties call... sorry I can't spend time tonight on my projects or in blog land... my baby needs me. All prayers welcome! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment